Description: Arms up by ears, then swing back and into the correct “seated” position for back handspring.
Goal: Muscle memory for back handspring jump
Objective: Keep chest upright and knees behind toes.
Equipment: Wall OR Wedge Mat against a wall
Reps: 3 sets of 5
Time: 5 -10 min
- Start arm length away from wall or wedge mat against a wall.
- Arms up by ears and as arms go back, shoulders lean back into wall, keeping chest up.
- This should be smooth and controlled.
- The shoulders and arms should be against wall.
- Hips should not touch wall/mat.
- Do this smoothly and controlled.
- Hands and shoulders should not slam into the wall.
Things To Watch For:
- Hips hitting mat first, they shouldn’t hit the mat at all.
- Choppy motion, this should be smooth.
- Feet should be planted and not move during the sit back.
Skills This Helps:
- Back Handspring