Description: Hip stretch
Goal: Increase flexibility
Objective: Open up hips and lengthen hip flexors
Stretch until you feel a gentle pull, do not force body into position, this can cause damage. Hold at least 20 up to 30 seconds.
Reps: 2 – 20 sec each
Time: 5 min
- Ensure your body is warm before stretching. For a quick warm up, do 25 jumping jacks. Windmills are great for this stretch to warm up shoulder joints. This is great to do after other drills.
- From kneeling, slide one leg back and straight, ensuring knee and top of foot are facing the ground.
- Front leg should bend at the knee in front of the body. Keep chest up, to increase stretch move front foot away from the body, to decrease stretch lean over the front leg.
- Body should be warm before stretching.
- Do not force body position, this can cause damage.