Description: Handstand switching between one hand and 2 hands.
<Video Coming Soon>
Goal: Handstand with one hand
Objective: Learn body control and tight core.
Equipment: Wall OR Wedge Mat against a wall
Reps: 3 sets of 5 each shoulder
Time: 5 -10 min
- Start in lunge position, kick up into a handstand against a wall or wedge mat against a wall. Ensure proper handstand position, abs pulled in, lower back touching the wall/mat, head in neutral position with ears between arms.
- Lift one hand at a time and lift to arm pit, like a monkey. Start with one set and work up to 5 sets.
- Step down out of handstand and end in lunge.
- Proper upper body strength and handstand form is IMPORTANT.
- Bending arms could cause falling.
- Arching in lower back can cause back pain.
Things To Watch For:
- Lower back not sticking to the wall/mat.
- Coming out of proper handstand technique: Head alignment.
Skills This Helps:
- Snap Down Snap Up Rebounds, Round offs, Back Handspring, Front Handspring