Description: Back Walkover into a handstand then land in push up position.
Goal: Body positions for back handspring
Objective: Develop core strength and body position.
Equipment: Soft Surface
Time: 5 – 10 min
- Starting with arms by ears and kicking leg off the ground, toe pointed.
- Go into back walkover, when reaching the middle (split handstand) of back walkover, bring other leg up into handstand position.
- From handstand with tight body drop into push up position. If not tight enough this will hurt the ankles and feet. If tight this drill will not hurt.
*Perform on soft surface (mat or thick yoga mat) to help protect toes and ankles.
- Perform on a soft surface (mat or thick yoga mat) to help protect toes and ankles.
- Entire body should be tight.
Things To Watch For:
- Tight Body – arching in lower back
- Bending Elbows
- Head Placement – maintain a neutral head position, ears between arms.
- Maintain flat hips – do not bend at the waist, keep back flat and hips pulled in
Skills This Helps:
- Snap Down Rebounds, Round off, Back Handspring