Description: Walk across the floor in a bridge position
Goal: Strong shoulders and body awareness and coordination
Objective: Increase shoulder flexibility & strength
Reps: 5 feet
Time: 10 -15 min
- Lay down on back with legs bent.
- Place hands next to ears, fingers pointing towards toes.
- Push up into a bridge, keeping hands and feet flat on the ground.
- From a bridge position walk across the floor, one arm/hand and one leg/foot at a time.
- Do not use head to get into or out of bridge.
- After drill, be sure to tuck into a ball and roll back and forth, this will put the spine back into proper alignment.
Things To Watch For:
- Head Placement – maintain a neutral head position, ears between arms.
- Arms far apart, they should be close to ears.
- Coming down from the bridge should be controlled.
Skills This Helps:
- Bridge Kickover, Back Walkover, Front Walkover, Back Handspring