Description: Kneeling reaching back into bridge position
<Video Coming Soon>
Goal: Bridge position with knees on the ground
Objective: Increase strength and flexibility in core and back
Equipment: Soft Surface
Time: 5 -10 min
- Tall kneel on the ground, with arms straight up by ears.
- Lean back into bridge. Stay tall as leaning back. It’s okay if arms can’t reach the ground, as this is done regularly the flexibility will increase.
- From bridge come back up with arms straight by ears, using abs to return to starting position.
- Stay tall when leaning back, not an exaggerated arc, as this can damage the back.
- After each bridge, be sure to tuck into a ball and roll back and forth, this will put the spine back into proper alignment.
Things To Watch For:
- Bending in hips
- Head placement – maintain a neutral head position, ears between arms.
Skills This Helps:
- Front Walkover, Back Handspring, Front Handspring