Description: Complete leg stretch
Goal: Upper body to lay flat on floor and legs
Objective: Increase flexibility
Stretch until you feel a gentle pull, do not force body into position, this can cause damage. Hold at least 20 up to 30 seconds.
Reps: 2 – 20 sec each
Time: 5 min
- Ensure your body is warm before stretching. For a quick warm up, do 25 jumping jacks. Windmills are great for this stretch to warm up shoulder joints. This is great to do after other drills.
- Start on the floor in a seated position in straddle position, legs split at about 45 degree angle from body.
- Point toes, knees should face the ceiling or behind, never to the middle.
- Stretch straight arms up over head.
- Lean body over with arms reaching to one foot, nose to knee and then the other side. Reach until you feel a gentle pull, do not force body into stretch, this can cause damage. Hold at least 20 up to 30 seconds.
- Then reach forward to the middle, trying to get chest to the ground.
- Body should be warm before stretching.
- Do not force body position, this can cause damage.