Description: Lunge into T position to Needle position and back to Lunge.
Goal: Lunge Reach & Balance
Objective: Develop core strength and balance
Time: 5 -10 min
- Start in a lunge position.
- Lean forward, keeping arms straight and by ears, lifting the back leg to create a T position, hold for 3 seconds.
- Reach down, keeping head between arms, to ground and lifting straight leg up into a Needle.
- Return back to T position, squeezing body and core to maintain balance hold for 3 seconds.
- Ending back in lunge position.
- This should be done slowly to engage all muscles to help maintain balance.
Things To Watch For:
- Head Placement – maintain a neutral head position, ears between arms.
- Leg lifts in sync with arms , should look like a lever.
Skills This Helps:
- Handstands, Cartwheels, Round offs, Front Walkovers