Description: Walk feet up wall into a handstand position, only nose and toes should be touching the wall.
Goal: Proper handstand body position
Objective: Gain shoulder, arm & core strength.
Equipment: Wall & Wedge
Time: 10 -15 min
- Start away from wall, place feet onto wall.
- Walk up the wall with feet, straighten arms, tighten core, then hands walk closer to the wall. Ensure stability before walking hands closer to the wall.
- If handstand position is too difficult, walk feet up as high as possible and into a plank position. Keep head in between arms, legs together and core tight. Once up in handstand position, only the nose and toes should be touching the wall.
- Hold for 3 – 5 seconds. Head between arms, legs together, toes pointed, tight core.
- Walk hands out, keeping body tight, into a push up position then step down.
- Do not force the handstand, holding a tight body position will help gain the strength needed to achieve a handstand over time
- At the end of the drill do not fall down out of a handstand onto head.
Things To Watch For:
- Head Placement – maintain a neutral head position, ears between arms.
- Arched Back – keep core tight and engaged.
Skills This Helps:
- EVERYTHING… Handstands, Cartwheels, Roundoffs, Back Walkovers, Front Walkovers, Back Handsprings…