Description: Bridge with feet above hands, and kickover into split handstand, ending in lunge.
Goal: Bridge Kickover
Objective: Increase shoulder and wrist flexibility and strength by transferring weight from feet to hands.
Equipment: Sturdy Elevated Surface (Folded Panel Mat, Wedge, Couch)
Time: 5 -15 min
- Lay down on back with legs bent, feet on sturdy elevated surface (folded panel mat, couch).
- Place hands next to ears, fingers pointing towards toes.
- Push up into a bridge, keeping hands and feet flat.
- From bridge position, rock weight into hands and push off the surface with one leg into kick over, a split handstand with legs open.
- Finish in lunge. Bend over and touch toes or rock and roll after each drill.
- Do not use head to get into or out of bridge.
- After each bridge, be sure to tuck into a ball and roll back and forth, this will put the spine back into proper alignment.
Things To Watch For:
- Head Placement – maintain a neutral head position, ears between arms, it should not be too far forward in front of arms.
- Tip Toe Bridge – keep feet flat on ground
- Arms far apart, they should be close to ears.
- Coming down from the bridge should be controlled.
- Wrists should be under shoulders, not in front of face.
Skills This Helps:
- Bridge Kickover, Back Walkover, Front Walkover, Back Handspring