Description: Roll back and stand with hands out in front
Goal: Forward Roll to Stand
Objective: Develop proper technique to stand out of forward roll
Equipment: Soft surface (mat or thick yoga mat)
Time: 5 -10 min
- Standing up with legs together and arms straight and by ears.
- Squat down and roll onto back in a ball.
- Reach arms forward and stand without tucking legs under or crossing feet or using arms to push off ground.
- Do this on a soft surface such as carpet as to not hurt the back.
- Keep body in a ball to roll gently onto back.
Things To Watch For:
- Crossed legs when standing up.
- Reaching for the ground behind to help stand up.
Skills This Helps:
- Forward and Backward Rolls, Safety Rolls, Connecting Skills with Forward Rolls