Description: Hand stand shoulder shrug. Pushing the floor away keeping body tight and straight to land on feet.
<Video Coming Soon>
Goal: Develop shoulder strength and muscle memory
Objective: Handstand shrugging shoulders away from the ground.
Equipment: Wall OR Wedge against a wall
Reps: 3 sets of 5
Time: 10 – 15 min
- While standing shrug shoulders, then arms up by ears and shrug shoulders.
- From lunge position, kick up into a handstand against a wall or wedge mat against a wall. Ensure proper handstand position, abs pulled in, lower back touching the wall/mat, head in neutral position with ears between arms.
- While in handstand shrug shoulders. Push armpits into ears and grow taller through pressing with shoulders. This exercise is a slow pushing through the shoulders
- Proper upper body strength and handstand form is IMPORTANT.
- Bending arms could cause falling.
- Arching in lower back can cause back pain.
Things To Watch For:
- Lower back not sticking to the wall/mat.
- Bending Elbows
- Head Placement – maintain a neutral head position, ears between arms.
Skills This Helps:
- Snap Down Rebounds, Round off, Back Handspring, Front Handspring