Description: From bridge small jump to get legs and knees together.
Goal: Body position for back handspring
Objective: Leg strength for jumping into back handspring.
Equipment: Sturdy Elevated Surface (Folded Panel Mat, Wedge, Couch)
Reps: 3 sets of 5
Time: 10 – 15 min
- From an elevated bridge, feet higher than hands on a sturdy surface.
- Bend knees and do a small hop/jump to lift legs together off the elevated surface, but not over to feet.
- Land back in elevated bridge. Finish in bridge before going to ground.
- Be sure to land and finish in a bridge before going to the ground. Don’t fall to ground.
- After each bridge, be sure to tuck into a ball and roll back and forth, this will put the spine back into proper alignment.
Things To Watch For:
- Head looking at ground, should stay between arms, looking forward.
- Kicking with one leg.
Skills This Helps:
- Back Handspring