Description: Lower back stretch
Goal: Release tension in lower back
Objective: Lengthens contracted low back muscles.
Stretch until you feel a gentle pull, do not force body into position, this can cause damage. Hold at least 20 up to 30 seconds.
Reps: 2 – 20 sec each
Time: 5 min
- Ensure your body is warm before stretching. For a quick warm up, do 25 jumping jacks. Windmills are great for this stretch to warm up shoulder joints. This is great to do after other drills.
- Lay on back, lifting one leg up into chest, keep other leg straight – hug bent leg and then switch.
- Work to keep the lower back pressed tight to the ground. Keeping a rounded back.
- Body should be warm before stretching.
- Do not force body position, this can cause damage.