Description: Handstand with one foot close to the floor and one leg straight up to ceiling.
Goal: Body awareness for handstands
Objective: Transferring weight to hands and ending in lunge.
Time: 5 -10 min
- Start in a lunge position.
- Lean forward, keeping arms straight and by ears, lifting the back leg to create a T position.
- Reach down to ground and kick back leg up to handstand position, keeping front leg on ground or close to ground.
- Ending back in lunge position.
- Finishing back in lunge is important. Don’t fall onto knees.
Things To Watch For:
- Head Placement – maintain a neutral head position, ears between arms.
- Switching feet, the first foot to leave the ground should be the last foot to touch the ground. The starting and ending lunge should be the same.
Skills This Helps:
- Handstands, Cartwheels