Description: Pushing up into a bridge and pushing shoulders over wrists
Goal: Hold proper bridge position.
Objective: Develop shoulder flexibility.
Equipment: Soft surface (mat or thick yoga mat)
Time: 5 -15 min
- Lay down on back with legs bent.
- Place hands next to ears, fingers pointing towards toes.
- Push up into a bridge, keeping hands and feet flat on the ground.
- Strive to have feet and knees together and arms straight.
- When ready push shoulders over wrists to gain flexibility in shoulders.
- Lay back down on ground. Grab knees and form a ball, rock back and forth 3 times. This is IMPORTANT for the safety of your back and spine alignment.
- Do not use head to get into or out of bridge.
- After each bridge, be sure to tuck into a ball and roll back and forth, this will put the spine back into proper alignment.
Things To Watch For:
- Head Placement – maintain a neutral head position, ears between arms, it should not be too far forward in front of arms.
- Tip Toe Bridge – keep feet flat on ground.
- Arms far apart, they should be close to ears. • Coming down from the bridge should be controlled.
Skills This Helps:
- Backbend, Bridge Kickover, Back Walkover, Front Walkover